WE HAVE THE BLUEPRINT FOR YOUR SUCCESS
BLS has a proven track record, delivering the highest quality products, on-time and on-budget. BLS brings more than just the typical contract engineering approach to its professional services engagements; we bring a passion for quality and customer satisfaction.
Let BLS be your go-to partner when:
- Your organization is hungry for deep and permanent positive cultural change.
- You have a critical, strategic project that simply must be successful.
- Your business needs to deliver faster on time to market, at higher quality, increase productivity, and find a sustainable pace that increases morale of your teams.
- You need proven Linux expertise — fast.
- You have business requirements that cross the line between kernelembedded and the user interface, be it web or otherwise.
- You have tight deadlines.
- You have a small team of engineers and need to get your product to market.
- You want to focus on building differentiation.
- You need help ramping up your Embedded Linux development team’s skills.
WHY BLS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES?
We are a “high value” provider of embedded Linux, enterprise agility, executive coaching, and consulting services. We are not the cheapest option available, but when you simply must be successful, consider the depth of our expertise/experience, our obsession with excellence and customer satisfaction and our clear, predictable engagement process. Simply put… we are the best.
We are culture hackers. Disruptors, destroying toxicity in organizations and replacing it with a value and successful outcome based value system. We teach organizations to behave with agility as individuals and high-performance teams, as a symbiotic organization. We foster the process of becoming a learning organization. Focusing organizations on true relentless improvement. Sharing a vision of an innovation organization. Becoming an organization full of innovators, thinkers, tinkerers, disruptors, motivators, learners, and highly motivated teams. High performance as an outcome. Successful outcomes and value delivery as a focus. This is enterprise agility.
Enterprise agility encompasses a rather wide set of tools, frameworks, methods, behavior, and processes such as:
- OrgMindset (orgmindset.com)
- The Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises (SAFe®)
- The manifesto for Agile Software Development
- Lean (Toyota Production System/TPS)
- Systems Thinking
- The Lean Startup Cycle
- PDCA (Deming)
- Extreme Programming (XP)
- Organization Mindset (Org Mindset)
- Big room planning
- High-performance teaming & Team of Teams concepts
- Cynefin framework (/ˈkʌnɪvɪn/ KUN-iv-in)
- Non-traditional ways of working & disruption
- Lean Portfolio Management
- Intentional and emergent Architecture
- Economic decision making framework
- Governance & compliance
Federal agencies and organizations have direct access to source acquisitions to Big Lake Software (BLS). BLS is a certified Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and SBA 8(a) certified small business.
Contact us to schedule one of our Enterprise Business Agility Coaches, Lean-Agile and/or SAFe training such as OrgMindset Leadership, Leading SAFe, SAFe Scrum master, SAFe POPM, SAFe Advanced Scrum master, SAFe for Teams, or one of our custom Lean-Agile, Kanban or Scrum courses and workshops.
BLS is entirely focused on excellence in service and providing the very best in support of our customers and their successful outcomes. Our consultants are fully engaged in leading, serving and influencing the Agile change revolution underway within Federal and State governments through our support of the GAO, 18F, and Scaled Agile, Inc. (SAFe) Leading SAFe for Government initiatives.
We specialize in DEVOPS, open source, embedded software development, Lean and Agile, organizational transformation and culture hacking, Lean/Agile Portfolio Management, Governance, the Scaled Agile Framework, OrgMindset, and training. Our prime directives are to help organizations become lifelong learners, relentless improvers, and innovators as a value-focused organization with tribal unity, and dynamic and adaptive structuring that sustains successful business outcomes at a fast pace.
Our current past performances include working with state and federal governments such as the Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, and The University of Oklahoma. Our staff has decades of experience supporting other Federal Agencies as consultants (Department of Defense, US Air Force, US Army, DLA, Defense Information Systems Agency, and others).
BLS has a record of successful business outcomes with our commercial customers as well. Over the past six years within our software development and Lean-Agile organization practices, we have provided critical support to Cisco, Textron, Ericsson, British Telecom, Texas Instruments, Seagate, MontaVista, Cavium, and other organizations in their successful business outcomes.
BLS is currently building our GSA IT-70 schedule as a prime contractor where we will provide over 10 unique labor categories with multiple class types/experience levels.
SCALED AGILE FRAMEWORK FOR LEAN ENTERPRISES (SAFe®) - PROGRAM CONSULTING
We have experience implementing the SAFe® in large enterprises, with our Commercial and Federal government clients. We are pragmatic best practice instructors and innovators using all the appropriate tools to solve problems and change a culture. Many organizations can benefit from the market leader in scaling Agile, the Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises®. Lean. Systems thinking. Unlocking the potential of the people who know the work best. Collaborating together. Building on and using only the process that you need to deliver successful outcomes. Nothing more, nothing less.
SAFe® Enterprise consulting:
- Organizational transformation readiness assessment, development of strategies, roadmap, and goals
- Servant Leadership with Agility, mentoring and coaching
- Implementation of SAFe® Lean Portfolio Management, value stream mapping to operational and development streams, portfolio alignment, Agile contracting and budgeting
- Team of teams and high-performance teaming, strategy and structure across the portfolio
- Product management, planning and road mapping forecasts for prioritized feature delivery; capacity planning and management
- Releasing on demand, DEVOPS, compliance, and the Lean Startup Cycle
- Facilitation of SAFe® Implementation Roadmap, ceremonies, coaching
- Enterprise Learning transformation – how to fail and move forward fast
- Principles, practices and value systems – hacking culture through strategic disruption with the SAFe, Agile Manifesto, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean, Kanban, Scrum, OrgMindset, and Systems Thinking core values and principles.
- Technical practices – introduce, enhance and connect critical technical practices such as XP, continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous delivery and architecture runways to the organization’s value stream(s).
BLS has a team of certified SAFe® 4.0 Program Consultants ready and pleased to serve.
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN
- For BLS, experienced, intelligent engineers are a given. In embedded Linux, open-source is a reality, but not all open-source is created equal, so understanding what is available, its capabilities and limitations, is the key to building something that will withstand the rigors of the market.
- BLS will utilize a design approach tailored to the state of your requirements; balancing the level of structure and flexibility against how well-defined or transitional your requirements are.
- Documentation is a business requirement and no architecture is complete if it isn’t documented. BLS believes in “just enough” documentation. What does that mean? Because documenting your architecture is a business requirement, like all business requirements, the definition of “just enough” will vary greatly – from a baseline minimum to an intensely detailed blueprint. BLS’s approach to architectural documentation will be custom tailored to what you need.
BLS is an industry leader in the embedded Linux industry, representing a unique combination of breadth and depth of experience. BLS’ Embedded Linux expertise spans many industries; consumer electronics, medical, automotive, telecommunications, industrial control/process automation, and mobile just to name a handful. We have extensive experience with:
- Architectures — ARM, Power Architecture (PPC), x86, MIPS, Multi-processor
- Operating Systems — Embedded Linux, Android, VXWorks, Enea OSE.
- Technologies — Networking (Routing, Wireless,Gateway, Protocol conversion, proxy IPv4, IPv6, QoS, IPSec, etc) Audio (drivers, codex, streaming), Video(V4L, MP2, MP4, QuickTime, drivers, streaming, codex), Graphics(3D, OpenGL, drivers), Storage(drivers, RAID, SCSI, SATA, Fibre Channel, NAS, SAN, iSCSI, distributed, multi-path).
- Platform Services — kernel board porting, device drivers, design, system architecture, reliability, power management, performance optimization, boot-time optimization, hardening, security profiling, crypto.
- Application Services — 3D, socket, CAN bus, MOST bus, D bus, etc.
Why work with two or more vendors when you can work with one? Many projects cross the line between embedded and user space, including application and user interface requirements. Examples would include a SOHO storage device controlled by embedded web server or an automotive infotainment console controlled by a haptic touch interface. BLS partners with world-class providers of Professional Services for application and web development.
- Operating Systems — Windows and Linux.
- Technologies — Sockets, CGI, REST/Web Services, XMLRPC, JSON, XML, AJAX, HTML, XHTML, CSS, GDI, JGUI, Hadoop, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL.
- Platforms\Frameworks — QT, Android, iOS, IIS\.NET, Apache http, Apache Tomcat, Lighttpd.
Do you find that the off-the-shelf training available in the market just doesn’t deliver the value you expect?
Do you need training that is tailored to your specific business needs?
Does your management team need a primer on the capabilities and pitfalls of Embedded Linux?
Does your management team need an understanding of how to protect your companies IP in an open source world?
BLS can get you where you want to go with their world-class training programs.BLS is an industry leader in Embedded Linux, Lean-Agile, SAFe, Enterprise Agility & Transformation, representing a unique combination of breadth and depth of experience. BLS’ Embedded Linux expertise spans many industries; consumer electronics, Federal/State government, medical, automotive, telecommunications, industrial control/process automation, and mobile just to name a few. Let us leverage that experience to empower your engineering team.
Extremely Qualified Trainers – BLS trainers are engineers and self-motivated practitioners in their fields first and trainers second. As a rule, all trainers participate in customer projects, giving them a practical and practiced foundation in Embedded Linux, software development, Lean-Agile, or other technical/functional work that your engineers will both relate to and appreciate.
A Solid Curriculum as a Foundation – BLS has developed a core curriculum that is both high-value and engaging, reflecting the hands-on experience of the engineers and trainers that developed it.
Custom Curriculum Development – BLS can customize core curriculum, tailoring it to your specific business requirements.
High-Value, Comprehensive Take-Away Material — It is BLS’ goal that the materials for every course be a valuable resource that extends beyond the life of the training. BLS Engineers understand what they would want in take-away material and that is what you will receive.
BLS has trained over 850 student seats in the available Scaled Agile Framework for Lean Enterprises 4.0 and 4.5 courses. Our lead instructor has over 19 years of enterprise class business experience, has been practicing Lean / Agile in business for over seventeen years, and is a certified SAFe® 4.0 Program Consultant with content delivery enablement instructor certifications.
SAFe courses offered:
- Leading SAFe® 4.0 and 4.5 (SA)
- SAFe® for Teams 4.0 and 4.5 (SP)
- SAFe® Scrum master 4.0 and 4.5 (SSM)
- SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager 4.0 and 4.5 (POPM)
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum master 4.0 and 4.5 (SASM)
- SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE) 4.5 (RTE)
PROJECT VALIDATION AND ASSESSMENT
TECHNICAL EVALUATION FOR MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Are you looking at acquiring technology assets from another company?
Are you worried about what you are really getting?
Let BLS evaluate the assets and determine their true status and value, letting you move forward with confidence.